The Coronavirus Pandemic is unprecedented at this time. It has impacted our community in a major way, but our teams at Complete Eye Care are dedicated to helping care for your family’s vision in the best, safest way possible while still being able to help you stick to a normal routine.
If you are experiencing any of the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A fever of 100.4 ° F or above
- Dry coughing
- New or recent loss of taste or smell
- Fatigue muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Vomiting Diarrhea
Please reschedule your appointment by phone if you answered "yes" to any of the above symptoms. Please help our community stay safe and healthy.
What we are doing for Customers and Employees:
- Option to wait in your car until your appointment time.
- Breath Shields at every admin team member’s desk who interacts with patients.
- Patients are directed to be seated 6 feet away in the waiting area.
- Masks are available if you do not have one.
- Blue tape is marked for patients to stand behind.
- We are suggesting wearing masks to all patients.
- Limit of one visitor with patient being seen to limit exposure.
- Patients are able to call our office and have their glasses brought out to them by curbside.
- Increased sanitizing between patients for chairs, counter tops, pens, and more.
- Optical sanitizes every frame tried on by other patients.
- Social distancing enforced.
- Every employee and patient is screened for temperature.
Patients who are under 18:
Patients who are minors must have a parent or legal guardian with them no matter the rules above. We are not requiring any patient or employee to wear a mask at this time, but we do encourage it. Children under 2 will never be required to wear masks, due to CDC guidelines and the danger of wearing masks at that age.
To speak to a team member about current policies at your nearest location please contact us by phone or email. We will be happy to discuss our procedures with you!